Wednesday, July 27, 2016

The whole point of this blog (why your feedback is important)

This blog is here to raise awareness of the fact that vehicles with manual transmissions are in very low sales from the past 20 years or so and with the new technology coming out for new vehicles, it's only going to hurt sales more.  I'm here writing about this because I have an idea that I want to share with the public and gain their interest.

Now I'm probably not the first to come up with this idea, but it's a manual gearbox with an automated clutch and a clutch pedal that can be changed with the press of a button for the different experience levels of each driver.

This is a basic explanation of how my transmission works (I'm not sure if it would work or not).  It has two clutches, one automatic torque converter and a manual clutch pedal.  With the press of a button, the fluid coupling and some other components in the torque converter would be disabled and the clutch pedal is able to be used for shifting, taking off and the other traditional manual things.  In both Automated Manual and regular Manual mode, you shift with the H-Gate (not sequentially).

I also have a survey for those who want to give feedback on the idea so if an automatic mode or paddle shift "Sport" mode is in high demand according to my survey stats, i'll include that in my idea as well for the Automated Manual/Manual H-Gate.

Link to survey.  Free to use, no sign in required:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSelUcfa2wyZWAmPRJN8F_yYWXiLGMYeBnFORrGcXezQwENv6w/viewform

But this is why your feedback is so important, it tells me whether my idea is stupid or smart.  It tells me whether I should keep on talking about the same topic over and over again or if I should just drop it and brainstorm another idea.  My point is by you readers not saying anything, it's not giving me any input for whether I should continue or not.  And I'm deeply confused.

Hope to hear from you soon,
Nicholas Bonneau.

No comments:

Post a Comment