Saturday, July 23, 2016

My brother thinks my idea is stupid and a waste of time and money for a car company to invest in. Let's prove him wrong!

I called my older brother on the phone to talk about how things have been going with my blog and to see how he was doing.  I will not say his name for privacy purposes.  The one thing that I absolutely like about my brother would be that he's always honest and doesn't sugarcoat anything.  Not even about what he said would be a wasted investment for car companies.

So we talked about the little things like how I got a weird friend request on Facebook because I joined the "Manual Transmission Enthusiasts" page and the fact that I was trying to promote my blog and Idea on Facebook.  But it kind of started off when I mentioned if he remember about me telling him about my blog and ideas.  He says that he remembers, but then he talks about how it wouldn't be popular and would be a waste of money.  I then told him about the other criticism I got from the manual gearbox enthusiasts on Facebook and how I enhanced my idea.

I was telling him about my latest plan for a 2 in 1 transmission.  Where the left side of the shift pattern is automatic mode and the right is a full on manual and an H-pattern semi-automatic mode.  I told him my new version of Auto/H-Gate would have a clutch pedal that could be turned on or off with a press of a button.  Where enabling the manual clutch pedal would disable certain components in the torque converter to allow full-on manual shifting.

This is where my brother gave me the lecture of realism.  He told me that even though I'm trying to gain the public interest back into driving manual gearboxes,  the fact that it's technically an automatic with a clutch pedal that can be enabled or disabled for the H-pattern manual shift mode, he thinks it would hardly interest anybody.  That and he said something like that no car company would waste the billions of dollars necessary to develop such a transmission.  Mainly because most people who buy sports cars now days are lazy and want flappy paddle shifters instead.  But I think my brother can be wrong at times, even though he tries to be as brutally honest as he can.

And with that said, I'm going to fantasize and build my dreams up and not let them get crushed by one person.  I'll continue bickering on what some people think is an outrageous idea to the point where I can prove them wrong.

Now, who's with me?
Nicholas Bonneau.

No comments:

Post a Comment