Monday, July 18, 2016

Pros and Cons of the my NCP-6 H-Gate Transmission idea

This blog post refers to stuff from my first post.  Before you read this post, I suggest you read the first post as it will make it easier to understand.

My idea for a manual transmission without the clutch pedal would come with both advantages and disadvantages.  So here are the pros/cons of the NCP-6 H-Gate Transmission over a traditional manual.

Pros:
1.  It's just as fun if not more to drive.
2.  With no clutch pedal, it's practically stress free.
3.  You can't kill the engine.
4.  It's the greatest idea since paddle shifters.
5.  With the computer system and torque converters to provide a better rev control, it should get better fuel economy than a traditional manual.

Cons:
1.  It would be more expensive to own (price and maintenance).
2.  The computer software for the accelerator to communicate with the clutch could glitch and cause the vehicle to not be able to shift.
3.  This concept would be expensive to develop and engineer.
4.  I'm not certain if any car company would invest in my idea or if it would work.

No comments:

Post a Comment